Year 3 Science Bundle - Animals, including humans
KS2 science PowerPoint presentations and 18 worksheets.
Year 3 science programme of study - Animals, including humans:
- identify that animals, including humans, need the right types and amount of nutrition, and that they cannot make their own food; they get nutrition from what they eat
- identify that humans and some other animals have skeletons and muscles for support, protection and movement
This KS2 science teaching resource bundle contains three of our individual PowerPoint presentations:
These science resources have been designed to aid delivery of lessons covering the year 3 science curriculum objectives listed above. Materials include:
- What is nutrition?
- Why we need food?
- Food groups: proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals
- A balanced diet (the Eatwell Plate)
- Animal Foods: carnivores and herbivores
- class activities
- interactive activities
- 8 accompanying worksheets
- links to introductory videos and activities
- Identifying some human bones activity and two accompanying worksheets
- Identifying the main bones of the body and worksheet
- Functions of the skeleton
- Explanation of joints and ligaments (hinge joints and ball and socket joints)
- Which bones protect which organs?
- How to take care of bones
- Animal skeletons and an explanation of vertebrates and invertebrates
- Skeleton detective activity - match the skeleton to the animal and an accompanying worksheet
- Animal skeleton sorting activity and accompanying worksheet
- Skeleton quiz and accompanying worksheet
- Useful links
- Make your own skeleton cut out model
- What are muscles?
- Different types of muscles (skeletal, smooth and cardiac)
- Link to an introductory video about muscles
- Explanation of how muscles help us to move
- Explanation of how triceps and biceps contract and relax and accompanying animation
- A look at the main muscles of the body (rectus adominis, pectorals, deltoids, quadriceps, biceps and triceps)
- Muscles labeling activity
- Muscles quiz
- 3 accompanying worksheets
All three science resources are completely editable so that teachers are able to adapt them to suit their individual teaching requirements.
Preiew this science bundle in full by clicking on the images above.
Our Price : £11.97 / 12 Credits
SALE : £7.99 / 8 Credits