Winter Haiku Poetry - Year 5 and 6
Year 5/6 English Teaching Resources: Winter Haiku.
Resources include: 38 slide PowerPoint and 2 Worksheet
This unit of work is designed to cover creative writing and poetry. English Teaching Resources: Winter Haiku includes a range of lessons and activities for pupils of all abilities. The PowerPoint uses bright colour, large and attractive fonts, vibrant imagery and easy to follow, child-friendly language. The resource is fully editable so can be adapted and used for different seasons or themes.
English Teaching Resources: Winter Haiku includes:
- Discussion - what is a haiku?
- Exploring and discussing haiku poetry - reading, listening to and talking about haiku poems
- Create a class haiku activity
- Individual, pair and group work opportunities
- Reflecting on learning through constructive criticism
- Writing an individual haiku about winter
- Using colour photographs of wintery scenes as writing stimulus
- Drafting - how and why we redraft
- How to plan and structure a haiku
- Exemplar poems
- Writing assessment opportunity - write a simple haiku poem about winter
Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits
To preview Year 5/6 English Teaching Resources: Winter Haiku please click on the images from the PowerPoint.