FREE RESOURCES - Perfect Pronouns: English Teaching Resource
Year 3/4 English programme of study - Writing - composition:
- proposing changes to grammar and vocabulary to improve consistency, including the accurate use of pronouns in sentences
Year 3/4 English programme of study - Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation:
Develop their understanding of the concepts set out in English appendix 2 by:
- choosing nouns or pronouns appropriately for clarity and cohesion and to avoid repetition
'Personal Pronouns' is an English teaching resource designed to teach pupils about the use of pronouns in our writing. It is a handy teaching resource to use during a lesson covering the year 3/4 English curriculum objectives listed above. 'Personal Pronouns' is an 10 slide PowerPoint lesson which can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into an existing lesson or developed into a wider unit of work. It includes:
- What are nouns and pronouns?
- How to use personal pronouns in a sentence
- Activities designed to teach pupils how to use personal pronouns in written work
- Links to an online interactive personal pronouns game
'Personal Pronouns' can be edited giving you the freedom to adapt the resource to suit each class you teach.
Take a closer look at 'Personal Pronouns' by clicking on the images from the PowerPoint.