Counting Pounds - Year 2
Counting Pounds - Year 2: KS1 Maths Teaching Activities
Year 2 maths programme of study - measurement:
- recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value
- find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money
In this year 2 maths teaching resource, pupils practise counting in £1s, £2s, £5s, £10s and £20s. Through different activities, they begin to reason and problem solve using pound coins and notes. Content includes:
- Count the pounds activity and worksheet
- Match the money to the correct total activity and worksheet
- True or false activity and worksheet
- Find different combinations of pound coins and notes that equal the same value activity and worksheet
- Cut out pound coins and notes
'Counting Pounds - Year 2' is editable so that teachers can adapt the resource to suit all abilities.
Preview 'Counting Pounds - Year 2' in full by clicking on the images opposite.