2-D Shapes - Year 2
KS1 Maths Teaching Resources: 2-D Shapes (Geometry – Year 2)
Year 2 maths programme of study - Geometry - properties of shapes:
- identify and describe the properties of 2-D shapes, including the number of sides, and line symmetry in a vertical line
In this KS1 maths teaching resource pupils are taught to identify and describe the properties of 2D shapes and are introduced to line symmetry in a vertical line. '2-D Shapes' is an ideal teaching aid to use in a lesson covering the year 2 curriculum objectives listed above. It is an engaging 40 slide PowerPoint presentation containing:
- Definition of a 2-D shape
- How to describe a 2-D shape
- Description of 2-D shapes (circle, square, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon, octagon)
- Identifying shapes activity and accompanying worksheet
- Definition of line symmetry
- Line symmetry activity and accompanying worksheet
- Worksheet to check understanding
'2-D Shapes' is fully editable so that teachers are able to adapt the resource to suit the needs of each class they teach.
This is a FREE resource. Click download to access our free resources.