Using a Thesaurus
Using a Thesaurus: KS2 English Teaching Resource
Year 5/6 English programme of study - Writing - transcription:
Pupils should be taught to:
- use a thesaurus
Using a Thesaurus is a handy 8 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to use a thesaurus to improve writing skills. It is an ideal teaching aid to use in a lesson covering the years 5 and 6 English curriculum objective listed above.
Using a Thesaurus includes the following tasks and activities:
- Definition of synonyms
- Explains how a thesaurus works
- Using a traditional thesaurus
- Using a digital or online thesaurus such as the Microsoft thesaurus in Word, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Improving language skills task
- Peer assessment and consolidation of understanding activities
'Using a Thesaurus' is fully editable and can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into another lesson or developed into a language study unit.
'Using a Thesaurus' can be previewed in full by clicking on the images opposite.Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits