The Subordinate Clause
The Subordinate Clause: KS2 English Teaching Resource
'The Subordinate Clause' is a handy 10 slide
PowerPoint presentation that introduces pupils to this concept.
It explores how to
identify the subordinate clause in a sentence and how to use the subordinate
clause with confidence in sentence construction. Content includes:
- Learning objectives
- Definition of a complex sentence
- Definition of a subordinate clause
- Subordinate clause activity with question and answer slides to enable peer assessment in the classroom
- Add a subordinate clause to create better sentences
- 3 accompanying worksheets
'The Subordinate Clause' can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into a unit of work or developed into a wider lesson on language, grammar and word choices.
'The Subordinate Clause' can be edited so teachers can adapt the resource to suit each class they teach
Preview 'The Subordinate Clause' in full by clicking on the images opposite.