The Subjunctive: English Teaching Resource
Year 6 English programme of study - Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation:
- develop their understanding of the concepts set out in English appendix 2 by:
- recognising vocabulary and structures that are appropriate for formal speech and writing, including subjunctive forms
This resource can be used to help KS2 pupils understand the subjunctive mood and covers the year 6 English curriculum objective listed above.
This handy 13 slide PowerPoint presentation includes:
- Subjunctive information and when it is most used
- Using the 'were' subjunctive activity
- Using the 'that' subjunctive activity
- A link to a subjunctive quiz
'The Subjunctive' is fully editable giving you the freedom to be able to adapt the resource to suit the needs of each class you teach.
To take a closer look at 'The Subjunctive' please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.