The Solar System
KS2 Science Teaching Resources – The Solar System.
Year 5 science programme of study - Earth and space
In this science teaching resource, pupils are introduced to the solar system.. It is an ideal teaching aid to use in a lesson introducing the year 5 science curriculum topic listed above.
In 'The Solar System', pupils will learn about our Solar System and its planets. This engaging 33 slide presentation includes:
- Facts about the sun
- An explanation of the 8 planets in our solar system and a nmenomic to remember the order in which they come
- Facts about each planet ( Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune)
- Why Pluto has been reclassified as a dwarf planet
- An explanation of moons, asteroids, meteoroids and comets
- An interactive solar system quiz
- One accompanying worksheet
- Suggested investigative activity
'The Solar System' is fully editable so that it can be adapted to suit the needs of each class taught.
'The Solar System' acn be previewed in full by clicking on the images from the PowerPoint.Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits