The Owl and the Pussycat
The Owl and the Pussycat by Edward Lear: English Teaching Resources
‘The Owl and the Pussycat’ is a new and innovative unit of work for Lear's much loved poem. It has been designed to cover many of the curriculum objectives as outline in the years 1 and 2 English programmes of study.
It is designed using the four-part lesson structure (starter activity, introduction, development and plenary) and all PowerPoint slides are clear and KS1 friendly. Bright and effective use of colour, cartoons and video clips are all used to create an excellent learning experience for children.
This 108 PowerPoint presentation includes:
- Making predictions about the story
- A copy of the poem with cartoon images and bright colour
- Animated film of The Owl and the Pussycat
- Retelling strategies and comprehension questions
- Cloze exercise and storyboarding activities
- Tackling unfamiliar words and using a dictionary
- Rhyming words lesson with interactive game
- Identify adjectives in The Owl and the Pussycat
- Using adjectives to improve writing
- Compound words activities including an interactive game
- Create a children's story book based on The Owl and the Pussycat task
- Full unit overview
- 22 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint
‘The Owl and the Pussycat’ can be fully edited allowing teachers to adapt the resource if needed to suit the requirements of each class they teach.
To view the PowerPoint in more detail you can preview the resources by clicking on the slides in the preview box above.Our Price : £9.99 / 10 Credits