The Circulatory System
KS2 Science Teaching Resource – The Circulatory System.
Year 6 science programme of study - Animals, including humans:
- identify and name the main parts of the human circulatory system, and describe the functions of the heart, blood vessels and blood
In this science teaching resource, pupils will learn about the main parts of the circulatory system and how it moves blood around the body. 'The Circulatory System' is an ideal learning tool to use in a lesson covering the year 6 science curriculum objective listed above. This 35 slide PowerPoint presentation includes:
- What is the circulatory system?
- An explanation of the heart and its functions
- An explanation of how the heart pumps blood around the body
- Why does the heart beat?
- Types of blood vessels and their functions (arteries, veins and capillaries)
- What is your pulse?
- What is blood and blood cells?
- A circulatory system quiz
- 2 accompanying worksheets
'The Circulatory System' is fully editable so that teachers have the freedom to adapt the resource to suit each class they teach.
'The Circulatory System' can be previewed in full by clicking on the images opposite.Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits