KS2 Science Teaching Resources – Skeletons.
Year 3 science programme of study - Animals, including humans:
- identify that humans and some other animals have skeletons and muscles for support, protection and movement
This year 3 science teaching resource introduces pupils to skeletons and is an ideal learning tool to use in a lesson covering the above year 3 science curriculum objective.
This colourful and animated 53 slide PowerPoint presentaion includes:
- Identifying some human bones activity and two accompanying worksheets
- Identifying the main bones of the body and worksheet
- Functions of the skeleton
- Explanation of joints and ligaments (hinge joints and ball and socket joints)
- Which bones protect which organs?
- How to take care of bones
- Animal skeletons and an explanation of vertebrates and invertebrates
- Skeleton detective activity - match the skeleton to the animal and an accompanying worksheet
- Animal skeleton sorting activity and accompanying worksheet
- Skeleton quiz and accompanying worksheet
- Useful links
- Make your own skeleton cut out model
'Skeletons' is fully editable so it can easily be adapted to suit the individual needs of each class you teach.
Preview 'Skeletons' in full by clicking on the images from the PowerPoint.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits