Silent Letters: English Teaching Resource
Years 5/6 English programme of study - Writing - transcription:
- spell some words with ‘silent’ letters [for example, knight, psalm, solemn]
'Silent Letters' is an English teaching resource designed to help pupils develop their understanding and application of silent letters in both reading and writing. It is an ideal teaching aid to use in a lesson covering the years 5/6 English curriculum objective listed above. 'Silent Letters' can be used as a quick starter activity, incorporated into an existing resource, lesson or scheme of work or developed into a wider language study unit.
This handy 11 slide PowerPoint presenation includes:
- Introduction - what are silent letter words?
- Class activity - spot the silent letter in each word
- Choose the correct spelling of a silent letter word
- Opportunities for peer and self assessment
- Consolidation of understanding
- 'Silent Invaders' game link
'Silent Letters' is fully editable so you can adapt and update the resource to suit each class you teach.
To view 'Silent Letters' in full please click on the PowerPoint images.Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits