FREE RESOURCES - Rhyming Words: English Teaching Resource
Year 1 English programme of study - Reading - comprehension:
- develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by:
- learning to appreciate rhymes and poems, and to recite some by heart
'Rhyming Words' is a KS1 English teaching resource designed to help pupils develop their word level reading skills and understanding of rhyme. This is an ideal teaching resource to use during a lesson covering the year 1 English curriculum objective listed above. 'Rhyming Words' can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into a lesson or developed into a wider lesson on language.
This engaging 11 slide PowerPoint presentation includes:
- learning how to spot rhyming words and rhyme patterns
- matching 'rhyme partners' activities
- an interactive rhyming word game
'Rhyming Words' is completely editable so you can adapt and update the resource to meet your individual teaching requirements.
'Rhyming Words' can be viewed in full by clicking on the images opposite.