Punctuating Speech: English Teaching resource
Year 3/4 English programme of study - Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation:
- indicate grammatical and other features by using and punctuating direct speech
'Punctuating Speech' has been designed to teach pupils how to use speech marks accurately in their written work. It is an ideal teaching aid to use in a lesson covering the year 3/4 English curriculum objectives listed above. It can be used as a starter activity, a standalone lesson or developed into lessons on wider punctuation. This handy 8 slide PowerPoint presentation includes:
- When do we use speech marks?
- Why are speech marks important?
- Using a new line for a new speaker
- Adding speech marks task
- Speech marks consolidation and assessment activity
'Punctuating Speech' can be edited so that teachers are able to update and adapt the resource to suit their individual teaching requirements.
'Punctuating Speech' can be previewed in full by clicking on the slideshow images from the PowerPoint.Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits