Year 5 / Year 6 English Teaching Resources: Onomatopeia
'Onomatopoeia' is a Year 5 / Year 6 English Teaching resource focusing on writing skills. It explores how authors use onomatopoeia to create aural imagery and teaches pupils how to use onomatopoeia in their own writing.
'Onomatopeia' is a handy 11 slide PowerPoint presentation with 2 worksheets that includes:
- Learning objectives
- Definition of onomatopoeia and examples using images and sound effects
- Question and answer slides to enable peer assessment in the classroom
- Matching activity
- Using onomatopoeia to improve sentences task
- Descriptive writing activity
- Links to a video and matching game and an onomatopoeia Hangman interactive game
'Onomatopoeia' can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into a lesson or developed into a wider lesson on language, grammar and word choices.
'Onomatopoeia' is completley editable so teachers have the freedom to adapt the resource to suit each class they teach.
Take a closer look at 'Onomatopoeia' by clicking on the images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits