English Teaching Resource: Onomatopeia
'Onomatopoeia' is an English Teaching resource focusing on writing skills. It explores how authors use onomatopoeia to create aural imagery and teaches pupils how to use onomatopoeia in their own writing.
'Onomatopeia' is a handy 11 slide PowerPoint presentation with 2 worksheets that includes:
- Learning objectives
- Definition of onomatopoeia and examples using images and sound effects
- Question and answer slides to enable peer assessment in the classroom
- Matching activity
- Using onomatopoeia to improve sentences task
- Descriptive writing activity
- Links to a video and matching game and an onomatopoeia Hangman interactive game
'Onomatopoeia' can be used as a starter activity, incorporated into a lesson or developed into a wider lesson on language, grammar and word choices.
'Onomatopoeia' is completley editable so teachers have the freedom to adapt the resource to suit each class they teach.
Take a closer look at 'Onomatopoeia' by clicking on the images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits