KS2 Science Teaching Resources – Nutrition.
Year 3 science programme of study - Animals, including humans:
- identify that animals, including humans, need the right types and amount of nutrition, and that they cannot make their own food; they get nutrition from what they eat
In this KS2 science teaching resource pupils are introduced to the topic of nutrition. 'Nutrition' is an ideal resource to use during a lesson covering the year 3 science curriculum objective listed above.
- What is nutrition?
- Why we need food?
- Food groups: proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals
- A balanced diet (the Eatwell Plate)
- Animal Foods: carnivores and herbivores
'Nutrition' is a colouful and engaging 34 slide PowerPoint presentation that includes:
- class activities
- interactive activities
- 8 accompanying worksheets
- links to introductory videos and activities
'Nutrition' is fully editable so that teachers can adapt the resource to suit the individual needs of each class they teach.
Preview 'Nutrition' in full by clicking on the images above.Our Price : £3.99 / 4 Credits