Mr Stink by David Walliams
Year 5 / Year 6 English Teaching Resources: Mr Stink by David Walliams
Mr Stink is an excellent KS2 English teaching resource featuring a series of fun lessons designed to enhance and develop pupil knowledge and understanding of the novel Mr Stink by David Walliams. English Teaching Resources: Mr Stink by David Walliams includes a wide range of activities and lessons for children of all abilities.
- Making predictions about the text
- Background information, with film clips from Authors Live, about David Walliams
- Diary writing as Chloe Crumb
- Exploring characterisation - Chloe, Mr Stink, Mother, Dad, Annabelle, Raj and The Prime Minister
- David Walliams's use of vocabulary
- Writing an agony aunt letter as Chloe
- Exploring abstract nouns and key themes - bullying, homelessness, courage, depression, poverty, ethics
- Discussion of events, characters and themes - using zone of relevance technique
- Advertising Raj's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Stationery Set
- How to transform a chapter into a script
- Question Time style debate
- Narrative writing and character portraits
- Writing to instruct and writing to explain tasks
- 68 slide PowerPoint
- 20 worksheets
- And more!
The range of activities in this unit of work are intended to suggest opportunities around the novel Mr Stink by David Walliams which can be used in English and literacy across the curriculum. There are weblinks to extend and enrich pupils' learning and teachers will identify PSHE opportunities arising from these activities (Homelessness; Bullying; Reasons for keeping a pet, etc).
There are specific activities to teach grammatical aspects of English but teachers will identify further opportunities which should be tailored to children’s needs. The whole unit of work could be completed in about 2 weeks, or extended to half a term’s work using the suggested links.
It is not intended to be a prescriptive unit of work where all activities are worked through slavishly, although it is structured chronologically. Teachers should select from, and adapt, these resources to meet the needs of the pupils they teach.
To preview Year 5 / Year 6 English Teaching Resources: Mr Stink (David Walliams) click on the images from the PowerPoint lessons.Our Price : £14.99 / 15 Credits