Letter to secondary school
FREE RESOURCES - Year 6 Writing a Letter to Secondary School is a 49 slide PowerPoint with 10 worksheets. The Writing a Letter to Secondary School Scheme of Work / unit plan has six step by step lesson plans designed to teach formal letter writing at KS2 (Year 6) Literacy. Resources include six lessons, each structured using the four part lesson plan (starter activity, introduction, development and plenary) all of which can be edited, personalised and differentiated to suit your teaching needs. Year 6 English Teaching Resources: Writing a Letter to Secondary School is a thorough resource with lessons covering a range of activities:
1. What is formal, Standard English?
2. How to set out a formal letter
3. Using a thesaurus to improve vocabulary
4. Writing the first draft of a letter
5. Improving language and thinking about word choices
6. How to draft and redraft a letter to secondary school
7. 10 page booklet of worksheets
To preview Year 6 English Teaching Resources: Writing a Letter to Secondary School click on the images.