KS2 Christmas Poetry Unit
KS2 English - Christmas Poetry Teaching Unit (120 slide PowerPoint with 8 worksheets)
Our ‘KS2 Christmas Poetry’ teaching unit uses a variety of poems with a Christmas theme to teach upper KS2 children how to write about poetry in detail. The resource explores themes, structure, poetic devices, imagery, context and more. Poems studied include 'The Christmas Truce' by Carol Ann Duffy, 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' by Dr Seuss and 'Winter-Time' by Robert Louis Stevenson.
This fully editable PowerPoint-based teaching resource covers the following:
- How to write about tone and mood
- How to explore imagery in a poem
- How to write a haiku poem
- How to write an extended response to poetry
- How and why poets use devices such as alliteration, personification, similes etc
- Assessment opportunities
And much more
To preview ‘KS2 Christmas Poetry Unit’ click on the images opposite.
Related ResourcesOur Price : £8.99 / 9 Credits