Growing Up - Year 6 Poetry
KS2 > Year 6 > Reading > Poetry
KS2 English Teaching Resources: Growing Up – Year 6 Poetry
This poetry teaching resource explores the theme of growing up and contains a range of activities designed to introduce Year 6 children to the key skills of studying poetry in greater detail.
The resource covers the following:
- How to annotate a poem
- How to deduce thoughts and feelings in poetry
- Getting to grips with structure and form, rhythm and rhyme
- Writing a personal response to a poem
- Identifying and understanding themes in a poem
- Finding and using evidence when writing about poetry
- How to analyse a poet's use of language
‘Growing UP’ is made up of an editable 50 slide PowerPoint presentation and 15 worksheets
The poems studied include: Getting Dressed for School, I am very Bothered, Hide and Seek, Yellow, The House and Brendon Gallacher.
To view Year 6 Poetry Unit - Growing Up in more detail please click on the PowerPoint images opposite.Our Price : £6.99 / 7 Credits