Full stops and capital letters
Full Stops and Capital Letters: KS1 English Teaching Resource
Year 1 English programme of study - Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation:
Pupils should be taught to:
- develop their understanding of the concepts set out in English appendix 2 by:
- beginning to punctuate sentences using a capital letter and a full stop
This KS1 teaching resource introduces pupils to full stops and capital letters when writing a sentence and is an ideal teaching aid to use in a lesson covering the English curriculum objective listed above.
Full Stops and Capital Letters is a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation including:
1. An explantion about using captial letters and full stops in a sentence.
2. Arranging complete sentences and inserting capital letters with 2 accompanying worksheets.
3. Links to games about full stops and capital letters.
'Full Stops and Capital Letters' can be edited so that teachers are able, if they wish, to adapt the resource to suit each class they teach.
To take a closer look at 'Full Stops and Capital Letters' please click on the images opposite.