Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl
Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl: English Teaching Resource
Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl is an 11 lesson scheme of work with an 85 slide editable PowerPoint presentation and a 16 page booklet of worksheets.
Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl contains a variety of lessons and activities designed to help children understand the novel's plot, characters, language and themes.
'Fantastic Mr Fox' includes something for children of all abilities:
- A scheme of work overview with 11 progressive four part lessons covering the author Roald Dahl, plot, character, themes and language
- A Roald Dahl mini biography, a video about Roald Dahl by Michael Rosen, a comprehension task and a class game
- Reading, writing and speaking and listening activities
- Eleven 4 part lessons each with starter activity, introduction, development and plenary
- Developing making predictions skills using book covers (images, title, author, blurb) about plot, characters, themes and genre
- Writing-frames to help children write about characters
- Examining Roald Dahl's use of language in Fantastic Mr Fox (using effective verbs and adjectives)
- Exploring how Roald Dahl creates characters
- Creating a comic strip version of Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl to assess understanding of the plot
- Tips for tackling new words
- Cross curricular - Endangered species (Geography, Citizenship, nature and the environment)
- Full scheme of work overview
- 16 worksheets to accompany the PowerPoint slideshow
'Fantastic Mr Fox' by Roald Dahl is completely editable so that teachers have the freedon to adapt the resource to suit the individual needs of each class they teach.
To preview 'Fantastic Mr Fox' in more detail please click on the Powerpoint images above.Our Price : £11.99 / 12 Credits