Conjunctions: English Teaching Resource
Year 3/4 English programme of study - Writing - vocabulary, grammar and punctuation:
Pupils should be taught to:
- develop their understanding of the concepts set out in English appendix 2 by:
- extending the range of sentences with more than one clause by using a wider range of conjunctions, including: when, if, because, although
Conjunctions is a 10 slide PowerPoint presentation focusing on how to use conjunctions to create better sentences and improve writing skills. It is an ideal teaching aid to use in a lesson covering the year 3/4 curriculum objective listed above.
The resource explores how the use of conjunctions can help to develop word and sentence level skills in writing. English Teaching Resources: Conjunctions includes the following tasks and activities:
1. Definition of conjunctions with examples.
2. Highlighting conjunctions in a sentence task.
3. Question and answer slides to enable peer assessment in the classroom.
4. How to use conjunctions to create better sentences activity.
5. Consolidation of understanding.
6. Conjunctions interactive game link.
'Conjunctions' is fully editable so you can adapt the resource, if you wish, to suit the needs of each class you teach.
Preview 'Conjunctions' by clicking on the images opposite.Our Price : £2.99 / 3 Credits