3D Shapes - Year 3
Maths Teaching Resources – 3-D Shapes – Year 3.
Year 3 maths programme of study - Geometry - properties of shapes:
- make 3-D shapes using modelling materials; recognise 3-D shapes in different orientations and describe them
In this year 3 maths teaching resource pupils recognise and describe 3-D shapes and learn how to make 3-D models using nets. It is an ideal teaching aid to use in a class covering the year 3 curriculum objective listed above. '3-D Shapes' is an engaging 35 slide PowerPoint presentation including:
- Definition of a 3-D shape
- Describing 3-D shapes by listing their properties (faces, vertices, edges)
- Describing cuboids, pyramids, spheres, cones, prisms
- Identifying 3-D shapes by listing their properties activity
- Identifying 3-D shapes net activity
- Make your own 3-D shapes activity and accompanying worksheet
- Worksheet to check understanding
'3D Shapes' is fully editable giving teachers the freedom to adapt the resource, if they wish, to suit the needs of each class they teach.
To preview Maths Teaching Resources - 3D Shapes – Year 3 please click on the images from the PowerPoint presentation.